My Teaching Style
- Accessible/Realistic poses (no headstands or pretzel shapes)
- Gentle pace
- Variations offered to customize your practice for your body
- Clear & concise cues
- Silent moments to pause during the practice & full savasana at the end
- Creative & unique movements and prop usage (no two classes are the same)
- Fun & light-hearted tone since a smile is the best pose we have in yoga
- Holistic practice including breath focus (pranayama), hand gestures (mudras), intention setting, yoga philosophy
- Thoughtful & well-rounded sequence based on anatomy
- Wide variety of classes including strength & stability, flexibility, balance & agility, nervous system & immunity, yin/yang fusion and playful & fun
- High quality audio and video
- Ideas offered after class to continue your practice off of the mat
Gentle Flow – Yoga for Healthy Aging
Variety of poses and movement patterns including traditional yoga methods as well as natural movements. Well-rounded and thoughtful practice, utilizing the Yoga for Healthy Aging methodology. Classes are focused on immune support, strength & stability and balance & agility.
This style is for improving flexibility and range of motion due to the longer holds in the shapes. A compliment to your other yoga practices and to your everyday life. The intention of this practice is to slow down. All shapes are held for time (around 3 to 7 minutes) and all done low to the floor.
Usage of props to support the body in positions of comfort and ease to facilitate relaxation and health. Developed by Judith Hanson Lasater. Shapes are held between 10 and 15 minutes in silence. The class includes a breath focus and meditation.
Mix & Match!
I have videos on YouTube and Vimeo that mix these types of yoga including Yi Yang Fusion, short guided meditations and pranayama practices. Note that a private session can be completely customized in its duration and type of class.